Approval of City Council
Using “Acceptance” in the title of the certificate, and “Approved” in the wording of the certificate may not be appropriate.
The wording of the City Council approvals is generally left up to each of the jurisdictions, however we do look for the “accepted and approved” statement required by Idaho Code 50-1308.
· Is the certificate correct for the jurisdiction? If the plat was in Boise, make sure that the approval reads “City Clerk in and for Boise City”, and not Star or Meridian.
· Did the City Clerk, or a deputy with authorization sign the Certificate?
· Is the City seal and Clerk signature in black ink, and is it dark or dense enough that it can be scanned?
· Does it state in the wording of the certificate that the plat was “accepted and approved”?
· Is the spelling in the Certificate correct?
References: I.C. 50-1308
Last revised: 1/14/2005 4:23:21 PM
Figure 1 – An Example Certificate from Boise City
Figure 2 – An Example Certificate from City of Eagle
Figure 3 - An Example Certificate from Garden City
Figure 4 - An Example Certificate from City of Kuna
Figure 5- An Example Certificate from City of Meridian
Figure 6- An Example Certificate from City of Star